Monday, November 16, 2009

Reflections and turning points

Well, now that we've been to NYC and "partied with the Rockstars", I've decided that I *never* want to be a rockstar.  I mean, I knew that before, but now, I *KNOW*.

I don't count followers or hit stats or track who's reading my blog.  That's not why I write.  I don't want to be on the Top 100 Sex Bloggers list.  Really.  

I don't want to be completely unknown, lord knows I love performing and being the center of attention, but I'd rather have my own little niche, where people that are important to me are the ones who give me feedback.  

I guess it comes down to that I'd rather be a good friend than a good blogger.  There are many times I fail at being a good friend, I don't want the pressure of being a bad blogger on top of that.

********

So back to our trip to NYC.  TMAME and I had so much fun wandering around Manhattan both Friday and Saturday.  I kept busy during the party (read: distracted from knowing NO one in a huge crowd) by making sure Monk, TMAME, Diva and Tess were all kept hydrated and fed during the event.  I did mingle a bit with those bloggers/twitterati that I had met at the hotel, so I wasn't hiding the entire time.  Just most of the time.

My reward was being suspended by Monk after the Rope Class on Saturday, and OMG, it was amazing.  

Shortly into my suspension, I came to a very startling discovery.  I crave touching.  Both being touched and touching.  

Now, my sister is laughing as she reads this because this is NOT how I come across to people.  I usually have this "don't touch me" zone around me pretty much all the time.  I like hugs, but only from friends.  But this *touching* thing, yeah, I actually need lots of touching from my lovers/play partners.  And I need to touch them back.  

So this realization is going through my head at the same time I'm trying to be "in the moment" while Monk suspends me.  Talk about a mind trip.  

Add to that that we went to Ground Zero just hours before and it's no wonder I had to shut down for a few days and just soak up energy from those around me.  

********

And this is the rope bracelet that TMAME gave me to wear at the party:

So very pretty!

No comments: