Sunday, November 8, 2009

Some random thoughts about our trip to NYC

It was

fun.

awesome.

disappointing.

incredibly sad.

incredibly beautiful.

life changing.

informative.

painful (both literally and emotionally)

So many emotions went through me in two very short days.  My favorite part of the whole weekend was the life changing moment, but I don't think I'm ready to share that with anyone yet.

My second favorite part was meeting Audacia Ray and discussing her recent trip to India.  

The sad part?  Walking to Ground Zero.  I visited NYC 17 years ago with my church group, and actually went to the observation deck at the top of one of the towers, and to see the huge hole left, both in the ground and in the skyline just made me want to cry.  I barely held it together for the five minutes I spent in the museum.

And then we went to Twisted Monk's rope class!  The switching between emotions was brutal.  I finally processed a bit on the plane home, and let the tears flow enough to let it out.  

I will never forget this past weekend, or the many awesome friends we've made.  

2 comments:

TMAME said...

I think the term you're looking for is inflection point.

Anonymous said...

I am so sad me and Thursday were unable to be there. Sounds like you had an amazing time.